Why Commission a Painting?
A commissioned painting comes with a provenance that documents the process of making your picture including sketches, roughs, letters and visits. These all add to its unique narrative and value.
If you have a specific location or subject matter in mind, commissioning a painting can be an immensely satisfying way to visualise your idea. Perhaps you wish to evoke memories of a past holiday, the place where you grew up, where a significant event in your life occurred or a place that you simply love. My goal is to collaborate with you to produce a painting that at least meets, but hopefully exceeds your expectations.
The Process of Commissioning a Painting
- Contact me by e-mail or telephone. In discussing your idea, we will consider location, lead time, scale and financial boundaries.
- I will summarise our initial discussion in a letter for your consideration.
- If you wish to proceed with the commissioned work, a simple contract is exchanged outlining our obligations to each other. A 50% deposit is due on exchange.
- On receipt of the deposit I shall begin work on initial sketches and roughs which will be presented for your approval.
- Once work on the commissioned piece begins, you will be kept informed as to its progress. Feel free to arrange a visit or request an update at any time during this process.
- A final viewing is arranged prior to the varnishing and framing of the picture.
- The balance is due on delivery.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss an idea or obtain a no obligation quote at firstname.lastname@example.org